Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade
Upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium. Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. You can even watch, pause, rewind, and record TV (a broadcast TV tuner may be required). Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium. Do you use your PC for work, run Windows XP programs, or require enhanced security? Consider Windows 7 Professional.
Upgrade to Windows 7
All editions of Windows XP and Windows Vista qualify you to buy an upgrade license.
1. Choose your edition of Windows 7
Explore key features and choose the edition that's best for you. Be sure to check the expanded list of extended features in Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 7 Ultimate. System requirements vary for each edition of Windows 7 because some features might require special hardware.
2. See if your PC has what it takes to run Windows 7
In general, if your PC can run Windows Vista it can run Windows 7. To make sure, download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to do a quick check. If you want certain features, such as HomeGroup or Windows Media Center, check to see if your PC has the hardware that's needed.
3. Check which operating system your PC is currently running
How you make the move to Windows 7 depends on your current operating system.
* Windows Vista
The transition to Windows 7 should be pretty smooth, although you may need to update your system to the latest service pack first.
* Windows XP (or any other operating system)
Windows 7 is best experienced on a new PC with the latest hardware, but if your computer meets the minimum specifications, you can install Windows 7 on a PC running Windows XP. Windows 7 must be "custom" installed (also known as a "clean" installation) over Windows XP. Before beginning the installation, you'll need to copy your files and settings to an external drive. After Windows 7 has been installed you will need to re-install all of your programs using the original installation media and then copy over the files and settings you backed up to your external drive. Because Windows 7 requires a custom installation, we strongly recommend that you get help with this process from your local computer service provider.
The best entertainment experience on your PC
Easiest Windows to use ever
* Simplify your PC with new navigation features like Aero Shake, Jump Lists, and Snap.
* Customize Windows to look and feel the way you like by changing themes and taskbar programs.
* Setting up a home network and connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever.
* Windows 7 Home Premium supports the latest hardware and software.
* Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
* Takes full advantage of 64-bit PC hardware and memory.
* Connecting to wireless networks is fast and easy.
Best PC entertainment experience
* Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV with Windows Media Center.
* Blu-ray read/write support for data files.
* Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.